Arbor Call Ltd can provide in house qualified consultancy with the following qualifications:
- TechArborA (TE02501) - Technician Member of the Arboricultural Association
- GCIEEM - Graduate Member Chartered Institute of Ecology & Environmental Management
- FdscWM - Foundation Degree
- DipMgmt - Wildlife & Conservation Management
There is lots of legislation and advice that makes you responsible for the health and safety of your trees. Our qualified consultants can advise you on The Occupiers Liabilities Act of 1957 and 1984 which states that you should take all reasonable care to ensure your trees do not cause harm or damage to people or property (invited or otherwise).
Our consultants will be able to provide you with:
Visual Tree Assessment (VTA)
A VTA is undertaken to assess the condition of a tree on your site. The tree will be visually assessed for signs of any structural defects, using the Visual Tree Assessment methodology, a schedule will be prepared detailing Tree Number, Species, Stem Diameter, Height, Crown Spread, Age Class, Physiological Condition, Structural Condition and Re-inspection Period. Details of any structural defects and of any works required to bring the tree into a safe condition will be provided.
Arboricultural Impact Assessment (AIA)
The Arboricultural Impact Assessment (AIA) will evaluate the direct and indirect impacts of a proposed development and consider the following factors:
- The presence of Tree Preservation Orders (TPOs)
- The effect of the development of the amenity value of the trees
- The above & below ground constraints
- The construction of the proposed development - working space, layout etc.
- Whether the development design can be modified to accommodate the retention of trees that may be at risk of being lost
- Infrastructure requirements
- End use of the space
- The potential for new planting to provide mitigation for tree losses
- Where appropriate a draft Tree Protection Plan will be included along with details of issues to be addressed by an Arboricultural Method Statement
- Trees for retention
- Trees to be removed
- Location of protective barrier & other relevant physical protection measures (including ground protection)
- Design of proposed physical means of protection including any development pruning
We recognise the importance of quality work and all of our pruning works are completed in accordance with British Standard BS3998:2010.
Our team are able to undertake numerous phases of Ecological surveys and reports. We take our environmental responsibilities seriously to comply with current regulations. Our surveys include the following species:
- Bird Activity Survey
- Pre-nest Check
- Ecology Watching Brief
- Bat Survey
- Great Crested Newt Survey
- Southern Damselfly Survey